Because I'm STILL not in the WotLK beta, I just don't have anything to post about. Lucky for you guys, I had such a terrible experience in WoW last night that I decided to post about it.
So, I joined a group for BFD last night because I knew it had some good Warrior drops (I was on my Warrior) and I had a quest with a reward of a nice shield. I had only run it once before on another character - which is weird for me because I LOVE running instances - so it felt like a new experience to me.
It all began with the realization that it might take a little while to begin the instance because out of the five in the group, only one was already in Kalimdor. Whatever, right? It'll just be an extra 15 minutes at the most to wait for a summon. Wrong. None of the other 4 had Menethil, Loch Modan, OR Astranaar flight paths. Joy.
Almost one hour later, I arrived at the meeting stone for BFD. Me and the other guy there summoned the 3 other group members. We jumped down into the instance and finally made our way to the portal. There first thing I saw was a lot of non-aggro mobs. Like in ZF, all these mobs ever do is cause groups trouble. The second someone casts any AoE, the group of mobs that you're currently fighting could go from 3 to 6 - in which case a wipe is very possible. These mobs, elite mobs, have absolutely no purpose to be in instances. Now, we never wiped because of these mobs, but we came very close when I accidentally clicked Thunder Clap when tanking the first boss - who is surrounded by about 10 non-aggro mobs.
Continuing on, while fighting naga after naga, we tried to avoid dying by running out of breath. It's not like we're idiots for almost dying because of that, it's just that we aren't use to having to pay attention to that extra hassle in an instance. This caused us the most trouble when fighting the boss Old Serra'kis, a Loch Ness Monster look-alike who lives in an underfreakingwater cave that you have to completely leave to regain your breath. My breath ran out while tanking and if it weren't for some lucky heals, we would have wiped.
A little bit before the encounter with Old Serra'kis, we fought Lorguss Jett, who is supposed to be a boss - according to WoWWiki. Guess what he dropped? Some Wool Cloth. Possibly the WORST boss drops in the entire freaking game.
Immediately after Old Serra'kis I left the instance - because I had to go somewhere, but that's besides the point. So, I didn't get the shield, and I'm not going to get it. I will never step into BFD, Blizzard's worst instance, ever again.
Believe it or not, I actually had a lot more to say about BFD regarding line of sight issues, overused frost nova, etc. Unfortunately, my nerd rage made me forget some stuff. >.>
After Stage 6 shut down, Vimeo became the best choice for streaming gaming videos. That' gunna change very soon. Starting September 1st, Vimeo will no longer allow "game videos" on their website. Blake Whitman wrote the post on the Vimeo blog.
"The Vimeo staff has decided that we are no longer going to allow gaming videos on Vimeo. Specifically, we are no longer going to allow game walk-throughs, game strategy videos, depictions of player vs player battles, raids, fraps, or any other video gaming videos that simply depict individuals playing a video game. Videos falling into this category will be subject to deletion as of September 1st; new videos of this type will be removed."
This is pretty big news. Vimeo was definitely my favorite choice to watch HD gaming videos. Oh well, I felt the same way when Stage 6 was shutting down. I'm sure a new site will pop up soon for us to use.
The WotLK NDA is officially out the window! MMO-Champion is preparing to feed us with MASSIVE amounts of WotLK information. Boubouille has begun by posting the Borean Tundra page - but that's just the beginning!
UPDATE: Boubouille's Howling Fjord page is now up as well!
UPDATE 2: The Grizzly Hills page is now up.
UPDATE 3: The Dragonblight page is now up.
UPDATE 4: Boubouille now has a page up for the instance called The Nexus.
UPDATE 5: Boubouille posted a great HD video of Utgarde Keep.
WotLK Preview - Utgarde Keep from Boubouille on Vimeo.
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King: Beta
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King: Beta
- Welcome to the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Beta Test. The list below contains information on the current available content for testing and general information. This information is subject to change. Alpha testers should note that your characters have been temporarily locked out. In a few weeks time, we will unlock these characters and you will be able to continue to level them. Please visit the Beta forums to submit feedback and discuss the expansion development with others.
- The continent of Northrend is now available! To travel there, visit one of four transportation masters in either Orgrimmar, Undercity, Stormwind Harbor,or Menethil Harbor.
- The floating magical city of Dalaran is now available!
- The Barber Shop has been implemented and you can now visit one of the Barber Shops in the major cities to change your appearance.
- The all new Achievement System has been implemented.
- Transportation between Howling Fjord and Borean Tundra can be found at the Tuskarr villages in those zones.
- The level cap is currently set to 77.
- Hit Rating, Critical Strike Rating, and Haste Rating now modify both melee attacks and spells.
- All items and effects which grant bonuses to spell damage and spell healing are being consolidated into a single stat, Spellpower. This stat will appear with the same values found on items which grant increased spell damage and healing such as on typical Mage and Warlock itemization.
- For classes which do not heal, they should see no change in the character sheet other than new tooltip wording.
- Healing characters will see their bonus healing numbers on the character sheet decrease, however, all healing spells have been modified to receive more benefit from spellpower than they received from bonus healing, with a net effect of no change to the amount healed by their spells. Some talents have had to be rebalanced to accommodate this change, but the amount healed will remain roughly the same. In addition, some talents will provide only healing spell power.
- NPC Transportation Locations
- Undercity to Vengeance Landing (Howling Fjord)
- Orgrimmar to Warsong Hold (Borean Tundra)
- Menethil Harbor to Valgarde (Howling Fjord)
- Stormwind Harbor to Valiance Keep (Borean Tundra)
- The current patch notes are incomplete, but will be more progressively more comprehensive in each patch.
World Environment Zones
- The following zones are available for testing: Howling Fjord, Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, and Grizzly Hills, Sholazar Basin, and Zul'Drak.
- The following dungeons are available for testing:
- Howling Fjord: Utgarde Keep (70-72)
- Borean Tundra: The Nexus (70-72)
- Dragonblight: Azjol-Nerub (72-74)
- Grizzly Hills: DrakTharon Keep (74-76)
- Storm Peaks: The Halls of Stone (77-79)
- All Classes are available for play. Spells and talents will be available for testing past 70.
- The Death Knight Hero class is now available for play.
- Death Knights will now start with 0 talent points at level 55.
- Creating a new Death Knight will start you at level 55 in Eastern Plaguelands.
- The Death Knight start zone, Acherus, the Ebon Hold, is fully implemented and is located in the Eastern area of Eastern Plaguelands.
- Brambles (Balance): Now increases the damage done by your Treants, and also damage caused from your Treants and Barkskin has a 5/10/15% chance to Daze the target for 3 sec.
- Celestial Focus (Balance): The stun proc now works with Starfall.
- Entangling Roots: Can now be used indoors.
- Faerie Fire (Feral): Now an 11-point talent, down from being a 21-point talent.
- Feral Charge (Feral) is now a 21-point talent, up from being a 11-point talent.
- Feral Charge (Feral): Can now be used in Cat form.
- Feral Instinct (Feral) no longer increases threat generated in Bear form, but now increases damage done by your Swipe ability by 5/10/15%.
- Focused Starlight (Balance): Now also works with Starfall.
- Force of Nature (Balance): Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes, down from 3.
- Hurricane: No longer has a cooldown (was 1 minute).
- Improved Faerie Fire (Feral): Now also works with spell hit, in addition to ranged and melee hit %.
- Improved Mark of the Wild (Restoration): Now a 2-point talent, down from a 5-point talent.
- Improved Tranquility (Restoration): Now also reduces the cooldown of your Tranquility spell by 25/50%.
- Mangle (Feral): Now increases the damage done by Maul in addition to Shred.
- Moonglow (Balance): Now also works with Starfall.
- Moonkin Form (Balance) no longer increases your attack power or causes you to regenerate mana off melee attacks, but now has a chance to cause you to instantly regenerate 2% of your total mana every time you critically hit with a spell.
- Nature's Focus (Restoration): Now a 3 point talent, down from a 5-point talent. Also moved to Tier 1, up from Tier 2. Now also includes Nourish.
- Nature's Grace (Balance): Now also reduces the global cooldown of your Wrath spell by 50% while in effect.
- Nature's Grasp (Balance): Can now be used and can proc indoors.
- Nature's Reach (Balance): Now also reduces threat generated by Balance spells by 15/30%.
- New Spell: Revive - Returns the spirit to the body, restoring a dead target to life with health and mana. Cannot be cast when in combat. (Ranks 1-7 added)
- Omen of Clarity (Restoration): Now a passive spell. Now also works for spells (healing and damage). Proc rate is roughly 6% with a 10 second internal cooldown.
- Primal Tenacity (Feral) now reduces damage while stunned by 5/10/15%, and reduces the duration of fear effects by 5/10/15%.
- Remove Curse can now be used in Tree of Life form.
- Soothe Animal can now be used on Dragonkin as well as Beasts.
- Soothe Animal is now instant cast.
- Subtlety (Restoration): Now a 3-point talent, down from a 5-point talent. Also moved to Tier 2, up from Tier 3. Also now only reduced threat for Restoration spells, and reduces the chance that your healing over time spells (Lifebloom, Regrowth and Rejuvenation) will be dispelled, rather than all Druid spells. Threat management for Balance can now be found in the Balance tree, within Nature's Reach.
- Survival of the Fittest (Feral): Increased to 2/4/6%, up from 1/2/3%.
- The mana regeneration penalty when in Bear Form, Dire Bear Form and Cat Form has been removed.
- Tranquil Spirit (Restoration) now also includes Nourish.
- Tree of Life (Restoration): 30% snare penalty has been removed.
- Tree of Life (Restoration): Can now cast Dispel Curse.
- Tree of Life (Restoration): You can now cast all Restoration spells (Healing Touch) in the form, but Tree of Life now only reduces the mana cost of your healing over time spells (Rejuvenation, Lifebloom, Regrowth and Flourish) by 20%.
- Vengeance (Balance): Now also works with Starfall.
- All pet families now have one unique ability. New abilities have been added for families such as bears and sporebats.
- Aspects now no longer cost mana.
- Avoidance, Dash / Dive and Cobra Reflexes are now pet talents instead of pet skills.
- Bite now has no cooldown, does the same damage and costs the same Focus as Claw, so works as a Focus dump.
- Clever Traps (Survival) has been renamed "Trap Mastery."
- Concussive Barrage (Marksmanship) - Can now proc from Volley attacks.
- Deterrence (Survival) - Cooldown reduced to 3 minutes, and now also increases your chance to resist spells by 60%. Now has a new spell effect.
- Every hunter pet can learn Growl, Cower and either Bite or Claw (never both).
- Hunter pets can now learn talents in one of three trees depending on family. Pets gain talent points starting at level 20 and earn an extra talent point every 4 levels.
- If a hunter tames a pet that is more than five levels beneath than the hunter's level, then the pet jumps to five levels beneath than the hunter's level.
- Improved Feign Death (Survival): Now also reduces damage taken during Feign Death by 15/30%.
- Loyalty, Training Points and the hunter Beast Training button no longer exist. Hunter pets can now learn all skills at their level. They will get new ranks automatically as they gain levels.
- Master Tactician (Survival) - Chance to proc increased to 10%, up from 6%.
- Monster Slaying (Survival) and Humanoid Slaying (Survival) has been combined into "Improved Tracking".
- New Talent - Improved Tracking (Survival) - Increases all damage done to targets that are being tracked 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Steady Shot now uses ammo. In result, its bonus damage has been slightly reduced. Players can notice a damage increase based upon what ammo they use.
- Surefooted (Survival) now reduces the duration of movement impairing effects by 10/20/30% (instead of resist % chance).
- Trap Mastery (Survival) has been removed.
- Arcane Focus (Arcane) is now 3 ranks and increases chance to hit and reduces mana cost of Arcane spells by 1/2/3%.
- Counterspell now costs 9% of base mana.
- Frost Armor, Ice Armor, Mage Armor and Molten Armor are no longer Magic effects and cannot be dispelled.
- Invisibility now makes the caster invisible after 3 seconds, reduced from 5 seconds.
- Magic Attunement (Arcane) now also increases the range of your Arcane spells by 3/6 yards.
- Polymorph now costs 12% of base mana.
- Portal spells now cost 18% of base mana.
- Prismatic Cloak (Arcane) now also reduces the fade time of Invisibility by 1/2 seconds.
- Slow Fall now costs 6% of base mana.
- Teleport spells now cost 9% of base mana.
- All Auras now affect all party and raid members within the area of effect.
- Anticipation (Protection) moved to tier 1, now increases chance to dodge by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Avenger's Shield (Protection) cast time reduced to .5 seconds, duration increased to 10 seconds.
- Avenging Wrath no longer causes Forebearance, damage increase reduced to 20%, now increases healing done by 20%.
- Blessing of Freedom renamed Hand of Freedom. Only one Hand spell can be on the target per paladin at any one time. Now costs 6% of base mana.
- Blessing of Light and Greater Blessing of Light removed. Their effects have been folded into all relevant abilities.
- Blessing of Protection renamed Hand of Protection. Only one Hand spell can be on the target per paladin at any one time. All ranks now cost 6% of base mana.
- Blessing of Sacrifice renamed Hand of Sacrifice, is now only 1 rank and transfers 20% of the damage taken to the caster, duration reduced to 12 seconds, cooldown increased to 2 minutes. Only one Hand spell can be on the target per paladin at any one time. Now costs 6% of base mana.
- Blessing of Salvation renamed Hand of Salvation, now reduces total threat on the target by 2% per second for 10 seconds while also reducing all damage and healing done by 10%. Only one Hand spell can be on the target per paladin at any one time. Now costs 6% of base mana.
- Conviction (Retribution) now increases critical chance with all spells and melee attacks.
- Divine Intellect (Holy) moved to tier 2, increases total Intellect by 3/6/9/12/15%.
- Divine Intervention cooldown reduced to 20 minutes.
- Divine Protection and Divine Shield now cost 3% of base mana.
- Divine Purpose (Retribution) now reduces chance to be hit by spells and ranged attacks by 1/2/3%.
- Divine Strength (Holy) moved to tier 1 in the Protection tree.
- Greater Blessing of Salvation removed.
- Hammer of Justice now costs 3% of base mana.
- Hammer of Wrath is now considered a Retribution spell, moved from Holy, mana cost reduced, missile speed increased, now usable on targets below 35% health.
- Healing Light (Holy) moved to tier 2.
- Holy Shield (Protection) cooldown reduced to 8 seconds.
- Holy Shock (Holy) range changed to 20/40 yards when used on enemies/friends respectively, cooldown reduced to 6 seconds.
- Holy Wrath is now instant cast, causes a 3 second stun, cooldown reduced to 30 seconds, radius reduced to 10 yards.
- Illumination (Holy) moved to tier 3.
- Improved Concentration Aura (Protection) moved to the Holy tree.
- Improved Concentration Aura moved from the Protection tree to tier 4 in the Holy tree.
- Improved Devotion Aura (Protection) moved to tier 4, reduced to 3 ranks, now increases armor of Devotion Aura by 17/34/50% and increases all healing done to units affected by Devotion Aura by 1/2/3%.
- Improved Hammer of Justice (Protection) now reduces cooldwon by 10/20/30 secs.
- Improved Righteous Fury (Protection) threat bonus folded into base spell, talent still reduces all damage taken by 2/4/6%.
- Improved Sanctity Aura (Retribution) renamed Sanctified Retribution, now causes all units affected by Retribution Aura to cause 2% more damage.
- Improved Seal of Righteousness (Holy) moved to tier 1, renamed XXX, now affects Seal of Righteousness, Seal of Vengeance and Seal of Corruption.
- Improved Seal of the Crusader (Retribution) renamed Heart of the Crusader and the effects now apply to all Judgement spells.
- Judgement of Justice will no longer prevent Fear effects, only prevent NPCs from fleeing (e.g. at low health).
- Lay on Hands no longer drains all mana, cooldown reduced to 20 minutes.
- Pure of Heart (Holy) reduced to 2 ranks, now reduces duration of Curse and Disease effects by 25/50%.
- Redoubt (Protection) moved to tier 2.
- Repentance (Retribution) mana cost changed to 9% of base, duration increased to 1 minute (10 second PvP duration), now usable against Demons, Dragonkin, Giants, Humanoids and Undead.
- Retribution Aura damage increased and now gains damage based on Holy spell power.
- Righteous Fury now increases threat caused by Holy damage by 90%.
- Sanctified Light (Holy) now also increases the critical chance of Holy Shock.
- Sanctity Aura (Retribution) removed.
- Seal of Justice/Judgement reduced to 1 rank with all the effects of the previous rank 2, the Judgement effect no longer prevents Fear.
- Seal of the Crusader has been removed. The effects of Judgement of the Crusader have been folded into all relevant abilities.
- Seal of Vengeance damage over time effect duration increased to 18 seconds.
- Spiritual Focus (Holy) moved to tier 1.
- Stoicism (Protection) moved to tier 2, now reduces duration of Stun effects by 10/20/30% and reduces chance your spells will be resisted by 10/20/30%.
- Toughness (Protection) moved to tier 3.
- Turn Undead (ranks 1 and 2) removed. Turn Evil now granted at level 24, mana cost changed to 9% of base.
- Unyielding Faith (Holy) moved to tier 2.
- Circle of Healing (Holy): Now works on any targets in the caster's raid, and is now a "smart" heal and chooses the lowest health targets to heal first within it's range. Also now has a 6 second cooldown. Also no longer will heal summoned Snakes from Hunter's Snake Trap.
- Enlightenment (Discipline): Now also gives 1% spell damage and 1% heal per point.
- Focused Will (Discipline): Now increases healing effects on you by 3/4/5%, down from 4/7/10%.
- Force of Will (Discipline): This talent now increases your spell damage by a flat amount, rather than increasing your spells by a %. (Now increases school %, rather than selected spells damage %). In other words, your spell damage gained from this talent is now reflected on your character sheet, rather than the skill tool-tips.
- Holy Fire: Cast time reduced to to 2 seconds, down from 3.5. Damage increased roughly 60%. Duration for the damage over time effect reduced to 7 seconds, down from 10. Holy Fire now has a 10 second cooldown.
- Improved Inner Fire (Discipline) - Now also increases the bonus healing on your Inner Fire spell by 10/20/30%.
- Improved Shadow Word: Pain (Shadow) - Now increases damage done by your Shadow Word: Pain by 5/10%, but no longer increases the duration of your Shadow Word: Pain.
- Levitate now costs 3% of base mana.
- Lightwell (Holy): Cast time reduced to .5 sec, down from 1.5 sec. Charges increased to 10, up from 5. Now breaks from any attack that hits you for 30% or more of your total health. Cooldown reduced to 3 minutes, down from 5.
- Mind Control now has only one rank and costs 12% of base mana.
- Mind Soothe now has only one rank, costs 6% of base mana and has no max target level.
- Mind Vision now costs 3% of base mana.
- New Talent: Improved Spirit Tap (Shadow) - Gives you a 50/100% chance to gain a 50% bonus to your Spirit after gaining a critical effect chance from your Mind Blast or Shadow Word: Death spells. For the duration, your mana will regenreate at a 25% rate while casting. Lasts 8 sec.
- New Talent: Twin Faiths (Discipline) - Increases your damage and healing by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Pain Suppression (Discipline): Cooldown increased to 3 minutes, up from 2.
- Power Infusion (Discipline): Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes, down from 3.
- Psychic Scream now costs 15% of base mana.
- Searing Light (Holy): Now also increases the damage of your Holy Nova and Penance spells.
- Shackle Undead now costs 9% of base mana.
- Shadow Focus (Shadow): Now a 3 point talent, down from 5. Now also reduces the mana cost of your Shadow spells by 2/4/6%.
- Shadow Resilience (Shadow): Now reduces physical damage taken by 2/4%, but no longer reduces the chance to be critically hit by spells.
- Shadowform (Shadow): Now has an innate 30% threat reduction. Now has a shapeshift UI.
- Silent Resolve (Discipline): Now a 3 point talent, down from 5 points.
- Spirit Tap (Shadow) - Talent reduced to 3 points, down from 5. Now also leads into "Improved Spirit Tap"
- Wand Specialization (Discipline) has been removed.
- Blade Twisting (Combat) now cause all damaging melee attacks to have a 10% chance to daze for 4/8 seconds.
- Deadened Nerves (Assassination) now reduces all damage taken by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Fleet Footed (Assassination) now reduces duration of movement impairing effects by 25/50% rather than increasing resist chance.
- Gouge is now only 1 rank and causes damage based on attack power.
- Kick is now only 1 rank and no longer causes damage.
- Nerves of Steel (Combat) now reduces the duration of all Stun and Fear effects by 15/30%.
- Pick Lock and Disarm Trap no longer require Thieve's Tools.
- Premeditation (Subtlety) duration increased to 20 seconds.
- Riposte (Combat) now slows the target's melee attacks by 20% instead of disarming them.
- Setup (Subtlety) chance to gain a combo point increased to 33/66/100%.
- Vanish no longer requires the reagent Flash Powder.
- Vile Poisons (Assassination) reduced to 3 ranks, now increases damage of poisons and Eviscerate by 7/14/20% and increases dispel resistance by 10/20/30%.
- All totems are now considered on the "Physical" school, and no longer magical spells.
- Ancestral Knowledge (Enhancement): Now increases your Intellect by 2/4/6%, instead of increasing your total Mana by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- Call of Flame (Elemental): Now also increases the damage of your Lava Burst spell by 2/4/6%.
- Call of Thunder (Elemental) now also increases the critical strike chance of your Thunder spell.
- Concussion (Elemental) now increases the damage of your Thunder and Lava Burst spells.
- Convection (Elemental) is now a 3-point talent, down from a 5-point talent. Now lowers the mana cost of Thunder and Lava Burst.
- Earth's Grasp (Elemental) is now a tier-1 talent, up from tier-2.
- Elemental Detestation (Elemental) is now a tier-2 talent, up from tier-4.
- Elemental Focus (Restoration): Now also can proc off Lesser Healing Wave and Healing Wave, and can be used on all healing spells.
- Elemental Fury (Elemental) now requires Elemental Focus as a pre-requisite
- Elemental Precision (Elemental): Chance to hit reduced to 1/2/3% from 2/4/6%, but threat reduction increased to 10/20/30% up from 4/7/10%.
- Enhancing (Enhancement) Totems is now a Tier 1 talent, up from Tier-2.
- Flametongue Totem is now a flat spell damage totem. All ranks have been modified.
- Frostbrand's snare effect has been increased to 50%, up from 25%.
- Ghost Wolf's mana cost is now 13% base.
- Grace of Air Totem has been removed. (Agility has been rolled over into Strength of Earth Totem)
- Improved Fire Totems (Elemental) is now (again) Improved Fire Nova Totem. It now has a 50/100% chance to stun all targets for 2 sec.
- Improved Lightning Shield (Enhancement) is now Elemental Shields, and is in Tier-1.
- New ranks have been added of Water Shield, starting at level 20. (Level 20, 27, 34, 41, 48, 55, 62, 69)
- New Spell: Earthliving Weapon - Imbue the Shaman's weapon with earthen life. Increases healing done by x and each heal has a 20% chance to proc Earthliving on the target, healing an additionaly over 12 sec. Lasts 30 minutes.
- New Talent: Cleanse Spirit (Restoration) - Cleanse the spirit of a friendly target, removing 1 poison effect, 1 disease effect, and 1 curse effect.
- New Talent: Elemental Shields (Enhancement): Increases the damage done by your Lightning Shield orbs by 5/10/15%, increases the amount of mana gained from your Mana Shield orbs by 5/10/15% and increases the amount of healing done by your Earth Shield orbs by 5/10/15%.
- New Talent: Mental Dexterity (Enhancement) - Increases your Attack Power by 33/66/100% of your Intellect.
- Rockbiter ranks 5 through 9 have been removed. Windfury Weapon is intended to replace Rockbiter at level 30.
- Shapeshifting will no longer cancel Water Walking.
- Shield Specialization (Enhancement) - Now a 2-point talent, and increases the chance to block with attacks by 10/20%, and increases the amount blocked by 5/10%.
- Stoneskin Totem now increases armor instead of reducing physical damage.
- Storm Reach (Elemental): Now also increases the radius of your Thunder spell by 10/20%.
- Strength of Earth Totem now also increases agility.
- Tranquil Air Totem has been removed. (Threat is being addressed by modifications to the base threat of players and/or "baked" into tanking abilities.)
- Unleashed Rage is now raid wide.
- Windfury Totem is now a flat 20% melee haste totem. All ranks have been modified.
- Windwall Totem has been removed.
- Wrath of Air is now a flat 10% spell haste totem.
- Aftermath (Destruction) - Now a 2-point talent, down from 5.
- All demon abilities and spells will automatically be learned as pets gain levels. Demon Master trainers will be removed.
- Blood Pact now works raid-wide (not just in party).
- Cataclysm (Destruction) - Now also increases your chance to hit with Destruction spells by 1% per point.
- Curse of Recklessness will no longer prevent Fear effects, only prevent NPCs from fleeing (e.g. at low health).
- Dark Pact: Tooltip updated to be more consistent with other similar effects.
- Demon Armor - Now increases healing done by spells and effects by 20%, but no longer has in-combat health regeneration.
- Demon Skin, Demon Armor and Fel Armor are no longer Magic effects and cannot be dispelled.
- Fel Armor - Now increases your spell damage equal to 30% of your total Spirit, but no longer increases healing done by spells and effects by 20%.
- Fel Stamina (Demonology) has been merged with Fel Intellect into Fel Vitality.
- Howl of Terror now costs 15% of base mana.
- Improved Curse of Weakness (Affliction) is now "Frailty" - Increases the amount of attack power reduced by your Curse of Weakness spell by 10/20%, and increases the amount of armor reduced by your Curse of Recklessness by 10/20%.
- Improved Enslave Demon (Demonology) is now a Tier 5 talent, up from Tier 4.
- Improved Lash of Pain (Destruction) and Improved Firebolt (Destruction) have been merged into one talent, Demonic Power.
- Improved Shadow Bolt (Destruction) - Now increases damage by your next Shadow damage spells by 3/6/9/12/15%, down from 4/8/12/16/20%.
- Mana Feed: Tooltip updated to be more consistent with other similar effects.
- Master Demonologist Felguard (Demonology) - Now increases all damage by 1/2/3/4/5%, and reduces all damage done to you by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Master Demonologist Imp (Demonology) - Now increases Fire damage by 1/2/3/4/5%, and critical hit chance with Fire spells by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Master Demonologist Succubus (Demonology) - Now increases Shadow damage by 1/2/3/4/5%, and critical hit chance with Shadow spells by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Master Demonologist (Demonology) - Most effects have been altered.
- New Talent: Demonic Empowerment (Demonology) - Grants your Summoned Demon power for a short time.
- New Talent: Eradication (Affliction) - Your Corruption, Siphon Life and Curse of Agony ticks have a 5/10/15% chance to increase your spell haste by 20% for 8 sec. This effect has a 10 second cooldown.
- New Talent: Molten Core (Destruction) - Your Shadow spells and damage over time effects have a 5/10/15% chance to increase the damage of your Fire spells by 10% for 6 sec.
- Pyroclasm (Destruction) - Now also includes Conflagrate.
- Shadowfury (Destruction) - Can now be cast while moving. Stun duration increased to 3 seconds, up from 2.
- Soul Link (Demonology) is now an 11-point talent (used to be a 31-point talent), but the 5% bonus damage from this talent has been removed. In addition, the damage absorbed by Soul Link is now 15%, down from 20%.
- Soul Siphon (Affliction): Now also increases the damage of your Drain Soul.
- Suppression (Affliction) is now a 3-point talent, down from 5. Now increases your chance to hit with Affliction spells by 1/2/3%, down from 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Unstable Affliction (Affliction): Silence effect reduced to 3 seconds, down from 5.
- Anticipation (Protection) now increases chance to dodge by 1/2/3/4/5%, moved to tier 2.
- Challenging Shout cooldown reduced to 3 minutes.
- Death Wish (Fury) no longer makes you immune to Fear effects.
- Death Wish and Sweeping Strikes have swapped locations in their respective talent trees.
- Defensive Stance now increases threat by 45%.
- Defiance (Protection) removed, replaced by Incite and moved to a new location on tier 2.
- Hamstring now only has one rank and no longer causes damage.
- Improved Bloodrage (Protection) now increases rage generation of both the instant and over-time effects by 25/50%.
- Improved Disarm (Protection) now reduces the cooldown of Disarm and Shield Break by 5/10/15 seconds and increases damage taken by disarmed targets by 4/7/10%.
- Improved Shield Block (Protection) now has 2 ranks and reduces cooldown of Shield Block by 5/10 secs. It no longer increases the number of blocks.
- Iron Will (Arms) now has only 3 ranks, reducing the duration of Stun and Charm effects by 10/20/30%.
- Last Stand (Protection) cooldown reduced to 6 minutes.
- Mace Specialization (Arms) can no longer trigger more than once per 6 seconds.
- Mocking Blow now only has one rank and causes weapon damage, cooldown reduced to 1 min and can now be used in Defensive Stance.
- Overpower now only has one rank and no longer causes any bonus damage (i.e. weapon damage only).
- Poleaxe Specialization (Arms) now also increases critical damage done by Axes and Polearms by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Pummel now only has one rank and no longer causes damage.
- Shield Bash now only has one rank and will cause damage based on a % of AP.
- Shield Block now increases chance to block and amount blocked by 100% for the next attack. Cooldown increased to 30 seconds.
- Shield Slam is now available to all warriors, starting at level 40.
- Shield Specialization (Protection) moved to Tier 1, now increases rage by 2 on a successful block.
- Sword Specialization (Arms) can no longer trigger more than once per 6 seconds.
- Toughness (Protection) moved to tier 3.
- The following tradeskills are available to train up to 425: First Aid, Herbalism, Mining, Skinning, Enchanting, and Leatherworking.
- The /cower emote now has an animation.
- Macros and key bindings are now saved server-side so there is no longer a need to reconfigure them when logging in using another computer.
- Shift-clicking to loot mail: You can now hold Shift and click on mail in your inbox to automatically loot any items and gold without opening the mail. This default behavior can be changed via Auto Loot Mail in the Interface Options (Controls).
- Combat Log Changes:
- The combat log now differentiates between a spell failure due to resistance and spell failure due to missing the target. Where once both events reported as a resist; a spell missing the target is now reported as a miss.
- Overhealing is now reported in the combat log.
- When a source of damage is entirely prevented (by a shield block, a full resist, or a damage shield like Power Word:Shield, the prevented amount will now be displayed.
I gotta be honest. I'm playing WoW EXTREMELY casual right now. Basically, I'm just playing while I wait for Warhammer Online and/or Wrath of the Lich King. I'm pretty much just doing the honor grind in the battlegrounds trying to obtain my season 2 gear, that's all. I'm currently sporting 3/5 of the set with only the leggings and the gloves to go; I'll probably be getting the leggings tonight because I have all the marks and I'm only 2k honor away.
I don't really hate the honor grind like most people, it just feels very robotic. I'm just doing it to either hold me over until WAR comes out or so I can grind through the beginning WotLK content quicker than I did with BC.
There hasn't been anything to post about recently - WoW-wise at least, my WAR blog is kickin'. Or, maybe I just haven't felt like it. Who knows? I'm just waiting for the Fall season to come to I'll know where I'll be for hopefully the next few years - be it WAR or WoW and it's expansions.
Is the end near?
Hurry and visit your account management page now! You can opt-in for a chance to get into the Wrath of the Lich King beta like me! Now, you are not guaranteed a spot, but you might as well sign up, right?
Nobody knows when beta will actually start, but it sure seems like it'll be soon. My guess is late July/early August.
I was never in the original WoW or Burning Crusade beta, but I hope that I get into this one!
Before there was WoW, Runescape was my game. I loved it! I played it all the time. It's a really fun game, there is no doubt about it. However, being a simple browser game played with a Java client, it has become the butt of many MMO jokes. Even though I no longer play the game, I still (and always will) root for it - I want to see it do well.
For the first time is a LONG time, the Runescape graphics have been upgraded - as well as the main website itself. It's not a small upgrade either, on the contrary, it's HUGE! That's not all, though! The game is now playable in full screen! Now you may get the true MMO feel when playing! I may just have to load up my old character to check this out!
The below video is from Jagex. You may watch it here, but I recommened watching it on YouTube in HD.